Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the next submission deadline?
- Is it okay to send in submissions via email?
- We are currently accepting literary submissions through email. Art submissions require high-quality image files, which can create complications with file size. We have recently implemented an online submissions system, but it will only be open for a certain period of time.
- Can one person submit art and literature?
- Yes! The submission limit is just for each category.
- The guidelines state that the work cannot be “previously published”. What does that mean?
- Any works that have been printed or featured in another publication cannot be included in our process. We don’t consider personal blogs or other unofficial internet groups to be in the “publication” domain. If you are unsure, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who can submit?
- Anyone! Acceptance is not limited to UNC Charlotte students. We get work submitted from all over the world and encourage students, hobbyists, and professionals alike to contribute.
- Is there a submission theme?
- Submissions and accepted works do not have to be centered around a theme. The overall theme is shown through the final layout and design of the magazine.
- Can I buy an issue?
- The previous year’s issue is available for purchase in addition to this years’ issue when it is distributed in March. Copies are free for UNCC students and $10 for others.